Yesterday was not the greatest of days, but I definitely woke up this morning feeling good. Today is going to be a good day, and here’s why:
1. I bought potting soil… Okay, I know that’s not very exciting, but I am thrilled about what I’m going to do with it. I am going to make a terrarium! Brendan and I are also going to plant basil this weekend. That’s right folks, we’re going to be eating a looooooot of pesto, and I for one, could not be more excited.
2. I made a marinade for chicken this morning. Again, not very exciting, right? Wrong! I am making Smitten Kitchen’s Thai Chicken Legs and Mango Slaw. It’s going to be so wonderful. I love that I have already done some of the work, so I won’t have to scramble to serve dinner at a reasonable hour.
4. Dexter and his best buddy Cooper. These guys have a classic bromance going. We are pet-sitting for our friends, and use-to-be neighbors, while they are waiting to move into their new home. Coop has finally settled into life at Casa de L, and I am having a good time watching Dexy and Coop loaf about, and play like puppies.
4. The Hunger Games! Brendan and I are going to go to the movies this weekend to see Katnis kick butt. I am psyched. after reading the books I definitely wanted to take up archery… Was I the only one?
5. Spring! The air smells sweet. There’s something kind of intoxicating about the smell of flowers and freshly cut grass. It makes me want to wear sun dresses to twirl in. I guess I’ve never really grown out of twirling.
That’s all for now.