Last Thursday our curtains fell down. Before you ask, no, we didn’t use a tension rod, we had drilled holes in the wall and screwed in our curtain rod.
The wall had completely shredded around the screw holes. I was thinking that this wasn’t such a big deal, we’d screw in some anchors, and hang the curtains back up… No such luck. We tried to screw the anchors in, and the wall cracked around the holes even more, there was plaster everywhere. What a bummer. We assume that this happened because too many of the previous tenants have hung up curtains, and then patched up the holes too many times.
Brendan and I are hating the lack of privacy. After I spent a few days brainstorming, I came up with an idea that will be cost-effective and chic all at the same time!
Those of you who follow me on Pinterest will have noticed that I have become pretty interested in roman shades. I was originally planning on making them for our kitchen and had been reading up on how to make them, so I’m kind of prepared anyway. So, here we are again guys, guests are coming, and I am undertaking yet another large-scale project that I will most likely be doing up until the very last-minute.
I already have the fabric from our curtains.. It really is very nice fabric. It’s going to look super good in roman shade form.